Sexual Health Nova Scotia (SHNS) represents the provincial network of community-based sexual health centres. We work together to champion positive sexual health throughout the lifespan for all in Nova Scotia.
Our member-centres offer services and programs such as:
- Support and guidance for anyone with questions/concerns about sexual health
- Free or low-cost safer sex supplies (condoms, dams, lube, etc.)
- Referrals and help navigating the health care system
- Educational programs in the community, such as sexual health presentations
- Training for professionals (health care providers, teachers, etc.) on sexual health topics
- Medical services such as STI testing, birth control prescriptions, and Pap tests (only at the Halifax Sexual Health Centre)