- TERM: One year term position, with possibility of renewal based on performance and funding. Contract: August 2018 – August 2019
- HOURS: Part-time, averaging 32.5 hours per week. Hours/days are flexible according to the demands of activities and may include evenings and/or weekends.
- COMPENSATION: $20 – $30/hour based on qualifications and experience. Salary and benefits to be negotiated.
- LOCATION: Home office-based, some travel required.
Sexual Health Nova Scotia (SHNS) is the representative body of Nova Scotia’s autonomous sexual health centres. Our mission is to champion positive sexual health throughout the lifespan for all Nova Scotians. Our network of community-based member-centres throughout the province offers clinical services, supportive guidance, free safer sex supplies, community education, and more.
- Sex-positive, open-minded, and non-shaming
- Respectful of individuals’ confidentiality and autonomy
- Committed to an evidence-based approach rooted in best practices
- Mindful of equity and inclusion in all aspects of our work
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Provincial Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Sharing and maintaining ongoing communication about SHNS activities with and among the member-centres, the Board of Directors, and any other SHNS staff/volunteers.
- Attending meetings of the SHNS Board of Directors, and coordinating regular meetings of the Member-Centre Working Group.
- Monitoring progress by SHNS and its member-centres in achieving the goals of the 2018-2021 Strategic Plan.
- Conducting quarterly collection and analysis of data from member-centres.
- Producing reports, including the SHNS annual report.
- Supervising any temporary SHNS personnel, such as interns, contract employees, or volunteers.
- Preparing grant applications, including the annual application to the Department of Health and Wellness.
- Implementing a fund development strategy and coordinating activities to secure sustainable and diversified funding for SHNS programs.
- Acting as the media and provincial spokesperson for SHNS to promote public awareness of SHNS and its mission.
- Managing the SHNS social media accounts, website, and online newsletter.
- Coordinating annual SHNS community engagement and awareness activities including Sexual and Reproductive Health Week and the Sexcellence Awards.
- Working with content experts to develop and distribute SHNS-approved sexual health resources, based on evidence and best practice.
- Developing position statements on behalf of SHNS on key topics.
- Representing SHNS on provincial committees and at events as required.
- Supporting new and existing partnerships with organizations and services that are aligned with the vision and mission of SHNS.
- Experience working within the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience writing successful funding proposals.
- Ability and experience writing accountability reports to funders.
- Knowledge of relevant government health strategies.
- Broad knowledge of sexual health issues and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to function as team member, leader, and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present data effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a changing environment.
- Computer literacy to operate file sharing, word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, Internet, and e-mail software.
- Valid driver’s license and access to transportation.
- Comfort with remote work/telecommuting.
Deadline to apply: June 8, 2018
We are committed to the principles of equity in our hiring practices and encourage applications from candidates whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class and gender/sexual orientation.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “APPLICATION – SHNS PROVINCIAL COORDINATOR” in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search).
The vacancy will be advertised until a suitable candidate is found. We thank everyone for their interest but we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.